Click to access the login or register cheese
- Flutes made of bones that date back 7,000 to 9,000 years were found in the Jiahu site of Central Henan province of China.
- A new category of musical instruments, electrophones or electronic instruments, was created in the twentieth century.
- Musical sounds are organized into patterns that have pitch and rhythm.
- The number of times the musical instrument vibrates per second resulting in a sound wave determines a particular musical note.
- Seikilos, who wrote an epitaph for his wife in the first century AD in Greek, was the first musician with a documented composition.
- “Gravity Roll” or a “Gravity Blast” is a way to do a drum roll with just one stick.
- A piano has 7,500 working parts. If even one of those parts is not fully functional, the piano could go out of tune.